Monday, November 21, 2011

Is kissing your children on the lips appropriate?

I recently noticed that my 8 and 6 year old step daughters dad kisses his daughters on the lips when he drops them off after his visitation. It looked odd to me and had me thinking. He like grapped their face with both hands to give them a kiss. Neither my wife or I have families that kiss family members on the lips. My wife says that she never noticed her ex husband's family ever do this either. Should we be concerned?Is kissing your children on the lips appropriate?
Whats normal for one family might seem strange to another. Seriously, do you think if their dad was some kind of perv he'd be doing that around other people anyway?Is kissing your children on the lips appropriate?
I've actually seen this happen a lot, especially in the south.


I don't think its something to be concerned about, the first time I saw this happen I thought it was a little strange.


However, it does happen frequently and I wouldn't be TOO concerned about it. Talk to your step daughters, and if they have a problem with it, then maybe its time to talk to their dad.
We don't kiss our kids on the lips, simply because I am a germaphobe!


I think many people do do this, I have a cousin that is 15 and her mom still kisses her on the lips. I am uncomfortable with this, but I think in many families it is the norm. They are probably fine with it at their ages, and will probably outgrow it themselves.
well i think you should not feel that way i mean my husband does kiss his daughter on her lips.it just a way of showing love to each other.
I've never noticed this either. It's usually on the cheek.


Well see how it goes. Yes, you should more or less be concerned.


(and its like stealing away their first kiss! :()
ewww

No comments:

Post a Comment